What are the minimum system requirements for this game?
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is this game so hard?
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows XP, Vista, or 7; or Mac OS X 10.3 or newer
- 2 GHz processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Dedicated 3D graphics card with 256 MB RAM
- DirectX 9 (Windows only)
- Sound card
Web player requires:
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher, or Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or higher, or Safari 4.0 or higher
- Unity Web Player plug-in (free download at http://unity3d.com/)
Stand-alone version requires:
- 175 MB of hard drive space for installation
Why is the Simplified Aid for EVA Rescue (SAFER) used unrealistically in the game?
It's not easy to be an astronaut! These tips might be useful:
- Pressing Escape during a mission will pause the game and allow you to review the controls and your objectives.
- Conserve oxygen by easing up on the movement keys. Try pressing them just enough to get in motion and then letting yourself drift to your destination.
- Use the emergency stop key (Z) if you begin to drift out of control.
Why isn't the game running correctly?
During spacewalks, astronauts are normally tethered to the station and SAFER units are worn in case of an emergency if a tether fails. To make the game more enjoyable, the SAFER is used as the primary means for astronauts to move around.
If you meet the minimum system requirements and you're still having problems running the game, consider these points:
- If the game is not responsive try adjusting the mouse sensitivity in the Escape Menu.
- If you are running a 64-bit operating system and encounter problems then try running the game in 32-bit mode if possible.
- If you continue to have problems, please use the feedback link to provide NASA with as much information as possible about the problem you are having.
The Station Spacewalk Game Manual.
Please address questions and comments to email@example.com.